Hand Luggage Essentials09:00:00
(Greek for 'hello', according to google translate.)
As you may very well know by now, I'm off to Crete, this Friday! I can't believe how quickly it has come round and now that I'm starting to finally get my head around all the details surrounding it, I'm definitely looking forward to it! I shall be travelling with my friend Caitlin and given that we both have crazy 'work and other things' schedules, it has been difficult to get organised, so yesterday was the night we had to pack, so I'm ready to go! I've finished work for now and I have one more day to chill before I set off to the airport!
As I'm in the holiday mood, and as I have been packing all night, I have decided to do a hand luggage essentials post! A post to show you what I take with me on the plane. This is general considering I change it a little depending on where I'm going and how long the flight is, of course.
My Hand Luggage Essentials:
1. A book - For long haul flights and longer (two weeks) holidays I tend to take at least three books and I borrow my Mum's Kindle but for this shorter holiday and short haul flight (4 and a half hours) I've opted for the one book. Today I've chosen Cress by Marissa Meyer. This has been on my TBR pile for a while now as I loved the first two books! I plan to be busy in Crete but if I do happen to finish this book then I have all sorts on the Kindle app on my phone!
2. Camera - I love to always have my camera with me at all times so going on holiday is even more reason to have it on me! We have recently bought this GoPro Hero3 and all it's accessories so I am really excited to be able to use it in Crete! Especially because of some of the trips we've planned (you can read about those later)! I shall also be taking my slightly less modern Olympus camera for photos. I've heard there's some great sights to see in Crete!
3. Sunglasses - I hoard sunglasses. For some people it's shoes but for me, it's sunglasses. Don't worry, I never pay a lot for them. These sunglasses, for example, are all around £1.50 from Primark! Out of my large collection I chose these three because I'm currently loving the nude pink colours and also that particular squared style!
4. Passports, tickets, money - That's something my Mum repeats all the way to the airport after multiple checks to make sure she's got everything. I always carry a clear folder with everything in so I know that I have everything. I've got myself my Euros and of course some extra Pounds for my airport spends!
5. Entertainment - I always have my earphones for music or the movies shown on the plane. It's been years since I went on a short haul flight so I have no idea what this one is going to be like. I make sure I have some pens and a notepad just in case I need to write any ideas or anything down whenever. Pens always come in handy for the puzzle books I, without a doubt, will pick up from the airport!
6. A cap/hat - Sometimes I opt for the slightly more beachy straw hat but I tend to ruin them within a few days. On this holiday I expect to do a lot of walking in the sun and my scalp burns quite easily, so I'm borrowing my Dad's old Tommy Hilfiger cap for my short trip. Caitlin has also borrowed one of my Dad's caps since he hasn't worn them in years!
7. A bag! - Duh! Finally a bag is a must otherwise, how on Earth would you carry anything?! Over the years I have used carry on cases, smaller hand luggage bags and now I've resorted to a simple backpack. It's the lightest hand luggage I've ever had! I may not use it for a long holiday but it's perfect for a short trip away as I can use it out and about when I get there!
That's about it for this trip! Of course my phone should also be on that list but until I get a better camera (fingers crossed for my birthday!), I have had to use my phones camera to take half decent photos.
This has got me even more in the holiday mood now! I shall be continuing posts while I'm away as I have them all ready and scheduled so I don't get behind!
What do you carry in your hand luggage?
See you later!
- KC xx